Michael Belvin is Co-Founder and Principal of Belvin, Cleveland, & Associates. After graduating from Baylor University with a B.B.A. in Finance and International Business, he aimed to use his financial background along with his passion to help others to establish a career that would be meaningful. Since 2004 at Northwestern Mutual, Michael has been helping individuals and families with their estate, business, and investment planning needs with that passion to help others as his focus. He holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) and Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) certifications.
Michael is originally from the Dallas area and now resides in Richardson, Texas. He is a 4th generation graduate of Baylor University and is married to his wonderful wife Katie. They have two beautiful girls that always keep them on their toes. Michael enjoys running, playing golf, tennis, and being outdoors. He is passionate about his community, volunteering, and family. Outside of work, Michael can be found emersed in his neighborhood, family, and various projects.
- What do you love most about working for BCA? I love taking a complex set of goals and ideas and creating a plan that is approachable and understood.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? Take advantage of the amazing effects of compounding interest as early as possible.
- Favorite quote? “If I had asked them what they wanted, they would have said “Faster Horses.” -Henry Ford
- Favorite movie? Shawshank Redemption.
- Favorite place to visit regularly? Pagosa Springs, Colorado for skiing and hiking.
- Something on your bucket list? Traveling to Japan to see its beautiful culture and cuisine.
Justin Cleveland is Co-Founder and Principal of Belvin, Cleveland, & Associates. After graduating from Texas Tech University with a B.B.A. in Management, he aimed to work towards impacting people’s lives now and for generations to come. Since 2004 at Northwestern Mutual, Justin has been helping individuals and families with their estate, business, and investment planning needs with making a difference in people’s lives and financial security as his focus. He holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) and Certified Life Underwriter (CLU®) certifications.
Justin lives in McKinney, Texas and has been married to his beautiful wife Ashley since 2007. They have three children, Felicity, Caroline Mae, and Crockett. He was a left-hand pitcher at Texas Tech and is still passionate about the game. Justin and his family are members at City Bridge Community Church in Plano and enjoy serving there with their community and friends.
- What do you love most about working for BCA? I love meeting people, hearing their stories, and working together to create a lifetime of financial security.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? Include saving, protecting, and investing in your base “must have” budget and never talk yourself out of it!
- Favorite quote? “Courage is knowing what not to fear.” – Plato
- Favorite book? The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
- Favorite movie? Braveheart
- Something on your bucket list? One day I would love to hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.
Kristi comes to our team with over 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry. Her career began managing investment related client service teams at Guardian Life Insurance, and she developed expertise in non-qualified executive programs at Promus Financial as a Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Representative. She is a FINRA Registered Representative and holds licenses in Life, Health, Disability and Long-term care insurances. Outside of work, Kristi enjoys spending time with her family and fur babies, cooking, reading, and painting.
- What do you love most about working for BCA? I feel extremely blessed to have found a team that shares the same philosophy as I do. Thoughtful and intentional holistic planning with keeping our client’s goals in mind, furthering our education to keep up with the market and delivering exceptional customer service. BCA is an unstoppable team and we are only getting warmed up.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? “Never pay interest on depreciating assets.” – Jerry Burkit aka Pappy
- Favorite quote? “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” –Albert Einstein
- Favorite book? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Favorite place to visit? Madeira Beach, Florida.
- Something on your bucket list? African Safari.
Originally from Dallas, Gabriele graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance. She is responsible for assisting new insurance clients through the underwriting process, and existing clients with insurance administration/operations. As a licensed Associate Financial Representative, she is a great resource for questions or information regarding a client's insurance service needs. Outside of work, Gabriele enjoys concerts, traveling, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
- What do you love most about working for BCA? Our team works seamlessly together and is uplifting in not only our professional growth but personal as well. This paired with navigating clients through decisions that provide clarity and security is so rewarding.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? Live below your means and invest early.
- Favorite quote? “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- Favorite movie? Harry Potter Series.
- Favorite place to visit regularly? Boulder, Colorado.
- Something on your bucket list? Travel to every continent as well as see the Seven Wonders of the World.
Originally from New Jersey, Jill graduated from Duke University with a BA in Liberal Arts. She brings years of experience in the telecommunications industry along with customer service management to Belvin, Cleveland, & Associates. As an Associate Financial Representative, she is a great resource for client servicing needs and administration. Outside of work, Jill enjoys running marathons, cycling, theatre, and family game night.
- What do you love most about working for BCA? I enjoy being part of a professional, cohesive, and fun team that is determined to meet the unique needs of each client. I like knowing we can make a difference; that the work we do is meaningful and adds value to people’s lives.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? With the exception of your house, if you can’t pay cash for it, you shouldn’t be buying it.
- Favorite quote? “It’s not the time in your life, it’s the life in your time.”- Bruce Springsteen
- Favorite book? Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Favorite place to visit regularly? Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Something on your bucket list? I want to see the Northern Lights.
Lindsey moved to Dallas in 2006 where she graduated from Dallas Baptist University with a BA in Management and an MBA in Project Management. She has been working at Northwestern Mutual since 2011 and enjoys interacting with our clients. As a licensed Associate Financial Representative, Lindsey is a great resource for questions or information regarding client accounts and servicing needs. When not at work, you can find Lindsey working out, taking care of her family, and trying new recipes!
- What do you love most about working for BCA? I love the consistency in BCA’s commitment to high standards and care for both their employees and clients.
- Best financial advice you have ever received? Don’t live beyond your means.
- Favorite quote? “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1:7
- Favorite book? The Bible
- Favorite movie? Oceans 11
- Something on your bucket list? Travel to Switzerland.